Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books From My Childhood That I Would Love To Revisit @brokeandbookish


Since my day happens to fall on Tuesday again this month, I decided to do Top Ten Tuesday! This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is Top 10 Books From My Childhood That I Would Love To Revisit.

1) This is the book for me. The book that got me hooked on Speculative Fiction. The book that made me realize there was a person behind those books I devoured, creating the worlds I immersed myself in.

2) Anyone who knows me can tell you my favorite book: The Giver. This is kind of a cheat because I *do* revisit it often. It holds up!

3) We read this in like 5th grade (I think?) and I LOVED it. I thought it was so cool. I don't even remember much about it, but I remember loving it!

4) These books were like candy-crack to my nine-year-old self. My grandma had the entire collection at her house and I spent an entire summer reading them!

5) I am a massive Dr. Seuss fan! This one is actually kinda cheating because I recently introduced my boyfriend to Dr. Seuss (he didn't grow up in the US) and re-read Green Eggs & Ham and If I Ran the Circus along with him. Still so much fun (and I love the Seuss Land at Universal)!

6) Yes, the movie has an accompanying book and my obsession with dragons has had a long history.

7) We moved every two years when I was a child - I didn't have many close friends growing up. I think that's part of the reason for my obsession with the Sleepover Club books. Truth time: I loved these girls. They were like the childhood friends I never got to have.

8) Oh my gosh did I love this little guy when I was just a little girl.

















I know this is supposed to be Top TEN Tuesday, but I have a really bad memory for my childhood - ask my younger sister who remembers lots of things I don't! So eight books is all I have for you - but you know if *I* remembered them, that has to be an excellent sign.

See you guys next month!

3 comments:

  1. Little Critter!! Yes, I'm glad to see he's getting some love. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a Sleepover Friend fan, too. I totally wanted some of that purple sparkly hair gel that the girls got into trouble with in the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of those books. I know a lot of people who have read The Giver though. New follower!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete